30th EDEN Annual Conference 2021 - Lessons from a pandemic for the future of education
Date : du 21-06-2021 au 24-06-2021
Appel à communications ouvert jusqu'au : 15-05-2021
Lieu : à distance
Modalité : intégralement à distance
Organisation : European Distance and E-learning Network (EDEN)
The EDEN 2021 Virtual Annual Conference is hosted by the National Distance Education University UNED
2021 marks EDEN’s 30th Anniversary year, therefore the Madrid Conference will be special to all of us in many regards. Hence a special debate of EDEN Presidents entitled “Session on Lessons of Past Milestones and Future Perspectives” will be included in the porgramme as well, dedicated to the 30th Anniversary. Please read more of the special Conference sessions below.
Special Conference Sessions
- The new Digital Europe Action Plan and the Experience of the EU Education and Training DELTA working group
- The Madrid EDEN Microcredential Declaration preparation workshop
- EDEN Network of Academics and Professionals – new trajectories with the fresh Steering Committee
- The EDEN European Journal – EURODL: with new Chief Editor, new online platform and services in 2021
- EDEN 30th anniversary – lessons from the past and perspectives for the future
- After the Brexit – the EDEN Future: Digital Learning Europe Association
- The EDEN Fellows Council: advice and advocacy from our awarded members
- R4C – Reflecting4Change: Advanced Support Framework and policy recommendations for schools to uptake sustainable innovation, interconnecting with the SELFIE tool
Main Topics of the Conference
- Learner-centeredness in education
- The evolution of online and distance learning (ODL, ODeL, blended, hybrid, hyflex)
- The transformation of face-to-face teaching, through online, to blended learning
- Guidance for navigating “the new normal”. How educational institutions will survive and evolve
- Best practices for transitioning from emergency remote teaching to online learning
- Digital preparedness, digital literacy, and digital citizenship
- Diversity and social inclusion in higher education
- Ongoing developments in the continued adoption of Artificial Intelligence
- Methodological advances (genius hour, bite-sized learning, social-emotional learning, gamification, experiential learning)
- Potentiating health and wellness in online education
- Non-traditional assessment solutions
- Topics related to the EU Digital Education Action Plan (2021-2027). Resetting education and training for the digital age:
- Fostering the development of a high-performing digital education ecosystem
- Enhancing digital skills and competences for the digital transformation
- Application of micro-credentials and alternative digital credentials in higher education
- Reflections on the resilience of the education community during the pandemic – well being of teachers and students in online environment
- Evolution of online: Has online education finally been accepted as equal to face-to-face education?
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference.
Submissions will be accepted until 15 May 2021.
Decisions on acceptance will be based on originality, innovation and scholarly quality of contribution, on the proposal’s relevance to the conference themes, further the proven experience of the author(s). Contributions not matching the conference themes will meanwhile also be considered if they bring new knowledge and benefit to delegates.
The reviewers and the program committee will make the final decision as to the format which will be assigned to the accepted submissions in order to ensure appropriate conference experience and structure.
ÁNGELES SÁNCHEZ-ELVIRA PANIAGUA
Director of the UNESCO Chair in Distance Education
Professor of Learning with Digital Technologies, UCL Knowledge Lab, United Kingdom
Director of the UNESCO Institute for Higher Education in Latin America and the Caribbean
Professor for Educational Management and Lifelong Learning, Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University, Germany
ALEJANDRO TIANA FERRER
Secretary of State for Education in Spain
Collaborating Professor at UNED, Spain
Director of the National Institute for Digital Learning, Dublin City University, Ireland
Executive Director, Open Polytechnic of New Zealand
EDEN Senior Fellow, Professor of Education and Distance Learning at Universidade Aberta, Portugal
DIGITAL EDUCATION ACTION PLAN
Keynote to be announced
Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, North America Higher Education, Blackboard Inc.
URL : https://www.eden-online.org/.../
mot(s) clé(s) : formation à distance