REPORT 2021 - ALTE 2020 - 7th international conference - Safeguarding the Future of Multilingual Assessment
Date : du 28-04-2021 au 30-04-2021
Lieu : Madrid
Organisation : Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE)
with Instituto Cervantes
ALTE's mission is to set standards of language tests and assessment, sustain diversity of languages (both spoken and signed) through our commitment to multilingualism, and maximise impact of language teaching, testing and assessment in Europe and beyond. Our seventh international conference considers how we can safeguard fair, valid and ethical practices in the light of new developments and innovations in our multilingual field.
Plenaries, paper presentations, workshops and posters will be focused around the four key strands of the conference:
- Defining the Construct of Multilingualism in Language Assessment
- Innovations in Language Assessment
- Fair and Valid Language Testing and Assessment
- Considerations of Ethics and Justice in the Multilingual Context of Assessment
Elana Shohamy is a professor of Multilingual Education at Tel Aviv University where she teaches and researches various issues of multilingualism as they relate to testing and assessment, language policy, immigration and linguistic landscape
Multilingual assessment integrated with language policy: Lessons from research and new initiatives for equality and justice
Paula Buttery is a Professor of Language and Machine Learning at the Department of Computer Science and Technology, University of Cambridge
Innovations and Implications of Language Assessment Technologies
Professor Barry O’Sullivan is the Head of Assessment Research & Development at the British Council
Can Tests be Fair and Valid?
Bart Deygers is a postdoctoral research fellow at the Centre for Language and Education (KU Leuven, Belgium).
Language Tests and Human Rights: It's complicated, but does it need to be?
Featured speaker sessions are presentations from speakers invited by ALTE to showcase their institution and the work their institution does in relation to the four strands and theme of this conference. We have invited European or international groups that ALTE has involvement with, who deal with language education policy and practice. Our currently confirmed featured speakers and the organisations they represent are:
- OECD : Catalina Covacevich, The PISA 2024 Foreign Language Assessment
- European Centre for Modern Languages (ECML) : Sarah Breslin and Jose Noijons, The Dynamics of Multilingual Assessment
- Instituto Cervantes : Inés Soria Pastor y Javier Fruns Gimenez, La situación actual de la evaluación certificativa de lenguas en España: una rápida (r)evolución
- Eaquals: Peter Brown
URL : https://www.alte.org/.../Madrid-2021
mot(s) clé(s) : examen et test, langues vivantes